Texas Veteran Loan Rates & VA Home Loan Rates
We are often asked what the difference is between a Texas Veteran Loan rates and VA Loan rates. The two programs are almost identical with just a few differences. Both loans are in fact VA Loans, and both are guaranteed by the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). Both loans are underwritten according to VA guidelines. With that being said, there are many more similarities than differences. Following is a list of the features that both programs have in common…
Texas Veteran and VA Loans (In Texas)
- There is never a prepayment penalty
- There is no Mortgage Insurance Premium (MIP) or Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI)
- No down payment requirement
- Funding fee is waived for veterans with a service-connected disability rating of 10-100%
- Competitive interest rates, often more attractive than a conventional loan requiring up to a 20% down payment
- Can be used to purchase a primary residence only… no investment properties or second homes allowed
- The Texas Vet Loan Program is only available in Texas
- Texas Veteran loan rates are discounted by 0.5% for veterans with a service-connected disability rating of 30% or greater (if underwritten as a VA loan)
- The Texas Vet Loan Program interest rate is set by the Texas Veterans Land Board and is updated weekly
- The Texas Vet Loan Program sets the maximum loan amount to $510,400 whereas there is no loan limit for a VA Guaranteed Loan beginning January 1, 2020.
Get Started Today With Your VA Loan Request!
If you would like to speak with a loan professional about the prequalification process, please call our toll-free number at 866-704-2826 or click on the button below and complete our quick-and-easy online form and a member of our staff will contact you right away to discuss your options.
We welcome the opportunity to assist you.