High Limit VA Loans (Jumbo Loans) in Texas
High Limit VA Loans (Jumbo loans) over the standard 2019 VA Loan Limit of $484,350 are available to eligible and qualified Texas Veterans with a FICO score of 580 or higher.
Some down payment will be required for a High Limit VA Loan (Jumbo loan) exceeding $484,350 . The amount of down payment needed is based upon the difference between the purchase price and the 2019 standard loan limit of $484,350 for all Texas counties. Generally, a down payment equal to 25% of the difference will be required.
Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2019 (the Act)
On June 25, 2019, the President signed the Act, Public Law 116-23, 133 Stat. 966. In accordance with the Act, including the provisions that impact VA’s Loan Guaranty Service (LGY), the law will become effective January 1, 2020.
* The Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2019 amended the maximum guaranty amounts which eliminates the need for a veteran to have a down payment for loan amounts over the conforming limits, for loans closed on or after January 1, 2020, and before January 1, 2022.
- Purchasing a Home with a Texas Vet Loan or VA Loan
- Required Documents for a Texas Vet Loan or VA Loan
- Calculating Your Texas Vet or VA Loan Payment
- Steps to Getting a Texas Vet Loan or VA Home Loan
Get Started Today With Your VA Loan Request!
If you would like to speak with a loan professional about Jumbo loans or about the prequalification process, please call our toll-free number at 866-704-2826 or click on the button below and complete our quick-and-easy online form and a member of our staff will contact you right away to discuss your options.
We welcome the opportunity to assist you.