Required Documents for a Texas Vet Loan or VA Loan
When applying for a Texas Vet Loan or VA Loan the veteran or active-duty borrower will need to provide documents relating to their military service (i.e. Certificate of Eligibility), income and other documentation. Although the following is not an exhaustive list, it will serve as a guideline as to what to provide to your loan officer.
- VA Certificate of Eligibility - this shows the amount of available entitlement, and is used to determine the maximum loan amount if you have an existing VA loan on another property, or if you previously owned a home with a VA loan that was foreclosed or included in bankruptcy. We can assist you with obtaining this with our access to the VA 'Automated Certificate of Eligibility' portal, often referred to as ACE.
- Tax returns for the past two years (all pages and schedules)
- Bank statements for the most recent two months
- If active duty, the most recent Leave and Earnings Statement covering a full month
- W2s for the past two years
- Member 4 Copy of Form DD214 (if discharged from active duty)
- Statement of Service (if still on active duty)
- Copies of divorce decree and/or child support order (if applicable).
- Last 30 day’s paystubs or LES (for each applicant)
- Copy of each applicant’s DL or government issued ID card.
Please note that once we have received and reviewed these items, additional documentation may be requested to complete your Texas Vet Loan or your VA loan.
In addition to the above documents, the applicant will need to submit a formal 1003 application and required disclosures. Once your application and documents have been reviewed and approved, we may ask for additional documents, depending on your particular situation.
Get Started Today With Your VA Loan Request!
If you would like to speak with a loan professional about the prequalification process, please call our toll-free number at 866-704-2826 or click on the button below to complete our quick-and-easy online form and a member of our staff will contact you right away to discuss your options.
We welcome the opportunity to assist you.